History Of Angliss
Angliss Singapore – the good food people was established by the Vestey family (who hailed from Liverpool and developed a butchery business) in January 1948 under the name of The Malayan Refrigerating Co as an importer and distributor of temperature-controlled halal and non-halal food to the Southeast Asia region. Prior to the mid-1990s, one of the primary sources of Angliss Singapore’s beef products was from cattle rearing and processing businesses in New Zealand, Australia and Brazil, which were owned by the Vestey family. These operations were later divested in the mid-1990s and since this time, the company has realigned its strategy to diversify its product offering and supplier base with a focus on becoming a leading foodservice company. In May 2007, the company became part of Bidvest Asia Pacific that comprises Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, China and Singapore, and is also part of the international Bidvest Group located in the UK, Europe, Middle East and South Africa.
Today, Angliss Singapore is an integrated foodservices company providing a full line of quality products including meat, poultry, dairy, ingredients, vegetables, fruits and groceries to over 3,000 customers in the Southeast Asia region. Its customers include foodservice, wholesale, retail, shipchandling and others including local and overseas airline flight kitchens, overseas resorts, cruise liners. The company is well-equipped with its own 5,000-tonne cold room with processing facilities and a test kitchen on-site to deliver the highest quality food product to its clientele. In addition, the company has an off-site, third-party storage facility and over 28 delivery trucks in Singapore to provide just-in-time delivery. Angliss Singapore is regarded as one of the leading foodservice companies in Singapore.